cheap family recipes
feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a month
- 545 g onions chopped into dice
- 300 mince
- 100 g carrots grated
- 1 can tomatoes
- 1 can kidney beans
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp chilli
- salt and pepper
- 1-2 tspns garlic powder
- 1/2 tspns Garam masala
- 2 slices home made bread crumbed to thicken sauce if needed
- 400 g rice
- Fry onions, spices and mince together until onion is softened and meat is browned off.
- Chop tomatoes in the can with your knife and then tip them and their juice, and the kidney beans, drained, into your pan.
- Add grated carrot and keep stirring until the grated carrot has disappearedish!
- Add breadcrumbs, taste, adjust seasoning, serve with 100g rice each.
Why Not Try....?
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthTomato RelishIf you are following the vegan monthly meal plan, this tangy homemade tomato relish is used as a condiment whenever you would like to use it. There is no particular use specified in the...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthRich and fudgy TrufflesSticky, fudgy, chocolate truffles - who can resist. They make fabulous gifts at any time of year, shoosh them up by wrapping the in cellophane and tying up with a ribbon. I buy...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthPorridge - Meal Plan 2Raisins are used as they are a purple portion, the hardest one to get. If you don't have them, use any other dried fruit - sultanas, home dried foraged apples or plums for...
Take care of your family and your budget
Before putting together our meal planners we surveyed over 600 people to ask when faced with a tighter budget, which things they would struggle to give up.