cheap family recipes
feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a month
- 545 g onions chopped into dice
- 300 mince
- 100 g carrots grated
- 1 can tomatoes
- 1 can kidney beans
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp chilli
- salt and pepper
- 1-2 tspns garlic powder
- 1/2 tspns Garam masala
- 2 slices home made bread crumbed to thicken sauce if needed
- 400 g rice
- Fry onions, spices and mince together until onion is softened and meat is browned off.
- Chop tomatoes in the can with your knife and then tip them and their juice, and the kidney beans, drained, into your pan.
- Add grated carrot and keep stirring until the grated carrot has disappearedish!
- Add breadcrumbs, taste, adjust seasoning, serve with 100g rice each.
Why Not Try....?
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthVegan Tomato & Basil SoupThis fresh and delicious tomato and basil soup is offered as an alternative option in the Celebration Week Planner, but can be enjoyed at any time, and as it uses tinned...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthCreamy Parsnip SoupCreamy parsnip soup, such a classic Christmas flavour. Easy to make, warming and comforting How Do I Make Creamy Parsnip Soup? This recipe uses frozen parsnips. If you prefer to use...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthTomato RelishIf you are following the vegan monthly meal plan, this tangy homemade tomato relish is used as a condiment whenever you would like to use it. There is no particular use specified in the...
Take care of your family and your budget
Before putting together our meal planners we surveyed over 600 people to ask when faced with a tighter budget, which things they would struggle to give up.