cheap family recipes
feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a month
- 5 g mustard
- 325 ml vegetable oil
- 150 ml milk
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
- Put the milk and the vinegar into a bowl, add the spices and the salt into it and mix well, using an electric whisk on a slow setting.
- Continue mixing and start adding the oil, you need to add the oil slowly mixing constantly, pouring the oil in a steady very thin stream.
- Continue adding the oil until the mayonnaise is thick enough and then continue mixing for a little while, one minute is enough.
- It should now have the consistency of thick cream, it will however thicken up in a while, ideally overnight.
- Make 2 batches in the month.
Why Not Try....?
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthVegan Tomato & Basil SoupThis fresh and delicious tomato and basil soup is offered as an alternative option in the Celebration Week Planner, but can be enjoyed at any time, and as it uses tinned...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthCreamy Parsnip SoupCreamy parsnip soup, such a classic Christmas flavour. Easy to make, warming and comforting How Do I Make Creamy Parsnip Soup? This recipe uses frozen parsnips. If you prefer to use...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthTomato RelishIf you are following the vegan monthly meal plan, this tangy homemade tomato relish is used as a condiment whenever you would like to use it. There is no particular use specified in the...
Take care of your family and your budget
Before putting together our meal planners we surveyed over 600 people to ask when faced with a tighter budget, which things they would struggle to give up.