cheap family recipes
feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a month
Can’t cook, won’t cook?
…including batch cooking, equipment and growing your own.
Here are our tips for cooking our meal planners, we hope you find them useful The articles below are also written to help you come up with your own thrifty nutritious meal plans. Everyone from novice level to those who could teach Delia a thing or two are welcome to our planner, and so here are some tips if you don’t know your hollandaise from your halibut!
- kitchen essentials
- how to get ahead with your cooking
- reducing your grocery spend
- make the most of your leftovers
- grow your own, fruit vegetables and herbs
- tips for ‘frugalising’ a recipe
- how to make chicken stock
- bored of our option one meal planner or want to ring the changes with option 2?
- making your own meal planner if ours don’t fit your family
- adapting the planner for single people
- or for bigger broods
We hope we have given you the starting point to create your own thrifty meal planner, and want to give you the confidence to know it is nutritionally balanced. This nutrition article helps you to do just that!
Why Not Try....?
cheap family recipesfeed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthHoumous Sandwich Why Not Try....?Before putting together our meal planners we surveyed over 600 people to ask when faced with a tighter budget, which things they would struggle to...
cheap family recipesfeed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthPotato WedgesPotato wedges are used in various places in the meal plans They can also be substituted whenever potatoes are used for mash etc if you prefer wedges potato wedges oven...
Take care of your family and your budget
Before putting together our meal planners we surveyed over 600 people to ask when faced with a tighter budget, which things they would struggle to give up.