cheap family recipes
feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a month
Creamy Parsnip Soup
- 320 g onions chopped
- 320 g parsnips asda frozen roasted parsnips
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 780 ml stock made with a chicken (or vegetable) stock cube, warm
- 1 tsp nutmeg or ground mixed spice
- 60 ml double cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Roast the parsnips as per packet instructions, adding the onions to your roasting tray.
- Place the cooked vegetables with all the remaining ingredients into your food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Reheat to a gentle simmer for 5 mins in a saucepan, taking care not to boil as this may cause the cream to split.
Why Not Try....?
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthTomato RelishIf you are following the vegan monthly meal plan, this tangy homemade tomato relish is used as a condiment whenever you would like to use it. There is no particular use specified in the...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthRich and fudgy TrufflesSticky, fudgy, chocolate truffles - who can resist. They make fabulous gifts at any time of year, shoosh them up by wrapping the in cellophane and tying up with a ribbon. I buy...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthPorridge - Meal Plan 2Raisins are used as they are a purple portion, the hardest one to get. If you don't have them, use any other dried fruit - sultanas, home dried foraged apples or plums for...
Take care of your family and your budget
Before putting together our meal planners we surveyed over 600 people to ask when faced with a tighter budget, which things they would struggle to give up.