cheap family recipes
feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a month
- 400 g onion sliced into thick rounds
- 2 slices homemade bread home made, crumbed (in the food processor)
- 80 g flour self raising
- 180 ml water
- salt, pepper
- oil for frying
- First season the flour, by adding salt and pepper to it, a generous pinch of each, mixing it with water to form a thick batter.
- Then separate the onion rounds into rings, dip each ring into batter, then dip it into crumbs.
- Then warm oil in your frying pan. Fry for about 5 mins or so until golden.
- This will give 4 generous portions.
Why Not Try....?
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthTomato RelishIf you are following the vegan monthly meal plan, this tangy homemade tomato relish is used as a condiment whenever you would like to use it. There is no particular use specified in the...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthRich and fudgy TrufflesSticky, fudgy, chocolate truffles - who can resist. They make fabulous gifts at any time of year, shoosh them up by wrapping the in cellophane and tying up with a ribbon. I buy...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthPorridge - Meal Plan 2Raisins are used as they are a purple portion, the hardest one to get. If you don't have them, use any other dried fruit - sultanas, home dried foraged apples or plums for...
Take care of your family and your budget
Before putting together our meal planners we surveyed over 600 people to ask when faced with a tighter budget, which things they would struggle to give up.