cheap family recipes
feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a month
- 400 g onion sliced into thick rounds
- 2 slices homemade bread home made, crumbed (in the food processor)
- 80 g flour self raising
- 180 ml water
- salt, pepper
- oil for frying
- First season the flour, by adding salt and pepper to it, a generous pinch of each, mixing it with water to form a thick batter.
- Then separate the onion rounds into rings, dip each ring into batter, then dip it into crumbs.
- Then warm oil in your frying pan. Fry for about 5 mins or so until golden.
- This will give 4 generous portions.
Why Not Try....?
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthVegan Tomato & Basil SoupThis fresh and delicious tomato and basil soup is offered as an alternative option in the Celebration Week Planner, but can be enjoyed at any time, and as it uses tinned...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthCreamy Parsnip SoupCreamy parsnip soup, such a classic Christmas flavour. Easy to make, warming and comforting How Do I Make Creamy Parsnip Soup? This recipe uses frozen parsnips. If you prefer to use...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthTomato RelishIf you are following the vegan monthly meal plan, this tangy homemade tomato relish is used as a condiment whenever you would like to use it. There is no particular use specified in the...
Take care of your family and your budget
Before putting together our meal planners we surveyed over 600 people to ask when faced with a tighter budget, which things they would struggle to give up.