cheap family recipes
feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a month
There are 3 slices of home made bread per person allowed for this meal. If this is too much, keep the extra aside for another time. I keep my bread in the freezer, so it’s always fresh. Separate it with pieces of cereal box inner, greaseproof paper etc
- 90 g cheddar cheese
- 10 g grana padano
- 100 g bacon cooking bacon
- 400 g pasta
- 50 ml vegetable oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 12 slices home made bread from your baking this week
- Cook pasta until al dente.
- Whilst it boils fry tiny pieces of bacon in 50ml oil.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 100ml of the cooking water. Add the water back to the bacon pan, stirring to dissolve all the bacon juices.
- Add the pasta to this, and then the cheese and garlic. Stir until all the penne is coated with cheesy bacony sauce.
- Serve with 3 slices homemade bread each, to mop up the juices.
Why Not Try....?
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthPorridge Raisins are used as they are a purple portion, the hardest one to get. If you don't have them, use any other dried fruit - sultanas, home dried foraged apples or plums for instance [the_ad...
cheap family recipesfeed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthHoumous Sandwich Why Not Try....?Before putting together our meal planners we surveyed over 600 people to ask when faced with a tighter budget, which things they would struggle to...
cheap family recipesfeed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthPotato WedgesPotato wedges are used in various places in the meal plans They can also be substituted whenever potatoes are used for mash etc if you prefer wedges potato wedges oven...
Take care of your family and your budget
Before putting together our meal planners we surveyed over 600 people to ask when faced with a tighter budget, which things they would struggle to give up.