cheap family recipes
feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a month
There are 3 slices of home made bread per person allowed for this meal. If this is too much, keep the extra aside for another time. I keep my bread in the freezer, so it’s always fresh. Separate it with pieces of cereal box inner, greaseproof paper etc
- 90 g cheddar cheese
- 10 g grana padano
- 100 g bacon cooking bacon
- 400 g pasta
- 50 ml vegetable oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 12 slices home made bread from your baking this week
- Cook pasta until al dente.
- Whilst it boils fry tiny pieces of bacon in 50ml oil.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 100ml of the cooking water. Add the water back to the bacon pan, stirring to dissolve all the bacon juices.
- Add the pasta to this, and then the cheese and garlic. Stir until all the penne is coated with cheesy bacony sauce.
- Serve with 3 slices homemade bread each, to mop up the juices.
Why Not Try....?
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthVegan Tomato & Basil SoupThis fresh and delicious tomato and basil soup is offered as an alternative option in the Celebration Week Planner, but can be enjoyed at any time, and as it uses tinned...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthCreamy Parsnip SoupCreamy parsnip soup, such a classic Christmas flavour. Easy to make, warming and comforting How Do I Make Creamy Parsnip Soup? This recipe uses frozen parsnips. If you prefer to use...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthTomato RelishIf you are following the vegan monthly meal plan, this tangy homemade tomato relish is used as a condiment whenever you would like to use it. There is no particular use specified in the...
Take care of your family and your budget
Before putting together our meal planners we surveyed over 600 people to ask when faced with a tighter budget, which things they would struggle to give up.