cheap family recipes
feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a month
Red Pepper Hoummous
- 100 g chick peas dry weight chick peas cooked as per packet instructions
- 110 ml oil
- 100 g red peppers roasted ones, from a jar
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp chilli
- 32 slices homemade bread
- Place all the ingredients except oil in a food processor, then gradually add the oil whilst pulsing the food processor until you have achieved a loose runny consistency a bit like natural yoghurt or double cream.
- Make once in the month- serve with tomatoey scones, houmous can be frozen.
- Serve 35g per person per meal with 2 slices of bread
Why Not Try....?
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthVegan Tomato & Basil SoupThis fresh and delicious tomato and basil soup is offered as an alternative option in the Celebration Week Planner, but can be enjoyed at any time, and as it uses tinned...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthCreamy Parsnip SoupCreamy parsnip soup, such a classic Christmas flavour. Easy to make, warming and comforting How Do I Make Creamy Parsnip Soup? This recipe uses frozen parsnips. If you prefer to use...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthTomato RelishIf you are following the vegan monthly meal plan, this tangy homemade tomato relish is used as a condiment whenever you would like to use it. There is no particular use specified in the...
Take care of your family and your budget
Before putting together our meal planners we surveyed over 600 people to ask when faced with a tighter budget, which things they would struggle to give up.