cheap family recipes
feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a month
Red Pepper Hoummous
- 100 g chick peas dry weight chick peas cooked as per packet instructions
- 110 ml oil
- 100 g red peppers roasted ones, from a jar
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp chilli
- 32 slices homemade bread
- Place all the ingredients except oil in a food processor, then gradually add the oil whilst pulsing the food processor until you have achieved a loose runny consistency a bit like natural yoghurt or double cream.
- Make once in the month- serve with tomatoey scones, houmous can be frozen.
- Serve 35g per person per meal with 2 slices of bread
Why Not Try....?
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthTomato RelishIf you are following the vegan monthly meal plan, this tangy homemade tomato relish is used as a condiment whenever you would like to use it. There is no particular use specified in the...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthRich and fudgy TrufflesSticky, fudgy, chocolate truffles - who can resist. They make fabulous gifts at any time of year, shoosh them up by wrapping the in cellophane and tying up with a ribbon. I buy...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthPorridge - Meal Plan 2Raisins are used as they are a purple portion, the hardest one to get. If you don't have them, use any other dried fruit - sultanas, home dried foraged apples or plums for...
Take care of your family and your budget
Before putting together our meal planners we surveyed over 600 people to ask when faced with a tighter budget, which things they would struggle to give up.