cheap family recipes
feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a month
- 1 kg potatoes washed, skins on, cut into approximately 1 inch cubes
- 6 sausages fried, and chopped into tiny pieces
- 20 ml oil
- 1 kg onions thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove crushed or finely chopped
- 180 ml mayonnaise homemade
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Boil the potatoes for 20 minutes until they easily cut with a knife.
- At the same time, fry your sausages. When they are done, slice then cut them into small half centimetre dice.
- Saute the onions for a few moments in 20 ml of your oil, adding your garlic and salt, until just softened but still very white with a tangy crunch.
- Drain the potatoes, allow to cool for approximately 30 minutes, then combine all ingredients together with mayonnaise. Season well.
Why Not Try....?
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthVegan Tomato & Basil SoupThis fresh and delicious tomato and basil soup is offered as an alternative option in the Celebration Week Planner, but can be enjoyed at any time, and as it uses tinned...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthCreamy Parsnip SoupCreamy parsnip soup, such a classic Christmas flavour. Easy to make, warming and comforting How Do I Make Creamy Parsnip Soup? This recipe uses frozen parsnips. If you prefer to use...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthTomato RelishIf you are following the vegan monthly meal plan, this tangy homemade tomato relish is used as a condiment whenever you would like to use it. There is no particular use specified in the...
Take care of your family and your budget
Before putting together our meal planners we surveyed over 600 people to ask when faced with a tighter budget, which things they would struggle to give up.