cheap family recipes
feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a month
Sausage & Potato Salad
- 1 kg potatoes washed, skins on, cut into approximately 1 inch cubes
- 6 sausages fried, and chopped into tiny pieces
- 20 ml oil
- 1 kg onions thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove crushed or finely chopped
- 180 ml mayonnaise homemade
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Boil the potatoes for 20 minutes until they easily cut with a knife.
- At the same time, fry your sausages. When they are done, slice then cut them into small half centimetre dice.
- Saute the onions for a few moments in 20 ml of your oil, adding your garlic and salt, until just softened but still very white with a tangy crunch.
- Drain the potatoes, allow to cool for approximately 30 minutes, then combine all ingredients together with mayonnaise. Season well.
Why Not Try....?
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthTomato RelishIf you are following the vegan monthly meal plan, this tangy homemade tomato relish is used as a condiment whenever you would like to use it. There is no particular use specified in the...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthRich and fudgy TrufflesSticky, fudgy, chocolate truffles - who can resist. They make fabulous gifts at any time of year, shoosh them up by wrapping the in cellophane and tying up with a ribbon. I buy...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthPorridge - Meal Plan 2Raisins are used as they are a purple portion, the hardest one to get. If you don't have them, use any other dried fruit - sultanas, home dried foraged apples or plums for...
Take care of your family and your budget
Before putting together our meal planners we surveyed over 600 people to ask when faced with a tighter budget, which things they would struggle to give up.