cheap family recipes
feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a month
Vegetable Spanish Omelette
- 4 eggs
- Any of your leftover vegetables from your Christmas dinner, diced, plus in addition if required:
- 320 g brussels boiled, also diced
- 320 g onion also diced
- 20 ml oil for frying
- 50 ml evaporated milk
- 50 ml water, add to milk
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- Boil your additional sprouts, if required.
- Fry onion until softened and browned.
- Add other vegetables and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk egg, milk and garlic together in a jug, and then pour over the cooked vegetables. Cook for a few more minutes until most of the omelette seems solid.
- Place under grill to brown the top.
- Serve with onion rings.
Why Not Try....?
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthTomato RelishIf you are following the vegan monthly meal plan, this tangy homemade tomato relish is used as a condiment whenever you would like to use it. There is no particular use specified in the...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthRich and fudgy TrufflesSticky, fudgy, chocolate truffles - who can resist. They make fabulous gifts at any time of year, shoosh them up by wrapping the in cellophane and tying up with a ribbon. I buy...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthPorridge - Meal Plan 2Raisins are used as they are a purple portion, the hardest one to get. If you don't have them, use any other dried fruit - sultanas, home dried foraged apples or plums for...
Take care of your family and your budget
Before putting together our meal planners we surveyed over 600 people to ask when faced with a tighter budget, which things they would struggle to give up.