cheap family recipes
feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a month
Eggy Bread & Sausage
- 3 eggs
- 8 slices bread homemade
- 40 ml evaporated milk
- 80 ml water mix with the evaporated milk
- 30 ml oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 sausages oven-baked or grilled, to serve
- Break the eggs into a bowl and beat to break the yolks. Add the milk, salt, and pepper. Beat briefly to combine.
- In a large low sided dish, lay out the slices of bread and pour the raw egg mixture over. Leave to soak for 1 minute and turn the slices over. Let the eggy mixture soak right into the bread.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. When these are hot (but not smoking) add the slices of egg infused bread pour the remaining egg over them and turn the heat down low.
- Turn the bread after 5-7 minutes and leave for a further 4 minutes on the second side.
- Serve on warm plates with one sausage per person.
Why Not Try....?
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthPorridge Raisins are used as they are a purple portion, the hardest one to get. If you don't have them, use any other dried fruit - sultanas, home dried foraged apples or plums for instance [the_ad...
cheap family recipesfeed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthHoumous Sandwich Why Not Try....?Before putting together our meal planners we surveyed over 600 people to ask when faced with a tighter budget, which things they would struggle to...
cheap family recipesfeed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthPotato WedgesPotato wedges are used in various places in the meal plans They can also be substituted whenever potatoes are used for mash etc if you prefer wedges potato wedges oven...
Take care of your family and your budget
Before putting together our meal planners we surveyed over 600 people to ask when faced with a tighter budget, which things they would struggle to give up.