cheap family recipes
feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a month
Eggy Bread & Sausage
- 3 eggs
- 8 slices bread homemade
- 40 ml evaporated milk
- 80 ml water mix with the evaporated milk
- 30 ml oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 sausages oven-baked or grilled, to serve
- Break the eggs into a bowl and beat to break the yolks. Add the milk, salt, and pepper. Beat briefly to combine.
- In a large low sided dish, lay out the slices of bread and pour the raw egg mixture over. Leave to soak for 1 minute and turn the slices over. Let the eggy mixture soak right into the bread.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. When these are hot (but not smoking) add the slices of egg infused bread pour the remaining egg over them and turn the heat down low.
- Turn the bread after 5-7 minutes and leave for a further 4 minutes on the second side.
- Serve on warm plates with one sausage per person.
Why Not Try....?
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthVegan Tomato & Basil SoupThis fresh and delicious tomato and basil soup is offered as an alternative option in the Celebration Week Planner, but can be enjoyed at any time, and as it uses tinned...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthCreamy Parsnip SoupCreamy parsnip soup, such a classic Christmas flavour. Easy to make, warming and comforting How Do I Make Creamy Parsnip Soup? This recipe uses frozen parsnips. If you prefer to use...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthTomato RelishIf you are following the vegan monthly meal plan, this tangy homemade tomato relish is used as a condiment whenever you would like to use it. There is no particular use specified in the...
Take care of your family and your budget
Before putting together our meal planners we surveyed over 600 people to ask when faced with a tighter budget, which things they would struggle to give up.