cheap family recipes
feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a month
Eggy Bread & Sausage
eggy bread & sausage
- mixing bowl
- mixing spoon
- large rectangular baking dish
- frying pan
- fish slice / non-stick spatula
- 3 eggs
- 8 slices bread homemade
- 40 ml evaporated milk
- 80 ml water mix with the evaporated milk
- 30 ml oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 sausages oven-baked or grilled, to serve
- Break the eggs into a bowl and beat to break the yolks. Add the milk, salt, and pepper. Beat briefly to combine.
- In a large low sided dish, lay out the slices of bread and pour the raw egg mixture over. Leave to soak for 1 minute and turn the slices over. Let the eggy mixture soak right into the bread.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. When these are hot (but not smoking) add the slices of egg infused bread pour the remaining egg over them and turn the heat down low.
- Turn the bread after 5-7 minutes and leave for a further 4 minutes on the second side.
- Serve on warm plates with one sausage per person.
Why Not Try....?
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthRich and fudgy TrufflesSticky, fudgy, chocolate truffles - who can resist. They make fabulous gifts at any time of year, shoosh them up by wrapping the in cellophane and tying up with a ribbon. I buy...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthPorridge - Meal Plan 2Raisins are used as they are a purple portion, the hardest one to get. If you don't have them, use any other dried fruit - sultanas, home dried foraged apples or plums for...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthHoumous Sandwich Why Not Try....?Before putting together our meal planners we surveyed over 600 people to ask when faced with a tighter budget, which things they...
Take care of your family and your budget
Before putting together our meal planners we surveyed over 600 people to ask when faced with a tighter budget, which things they would struggle to give up.