cheap family recipes
feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a month
- 4 lemons small/medium fruits
- plus your saved lemon carcasses if you have used the juice to make houmous
- 230 g sugar
- Cut lemons into eighths, removing only the very top and tail (just a couple of milimetres of trimming). Boil them and the sugar, in approximately a litre of water for around 45 minutes to an hour, until they are very mushy and have fallen apart.
- Click here to start a 45 minute timer
- Pulverise the fruit and all the liquid in your food processor/liquidiser until it is a very smooth liquid.
- Dilute this approximately 1:5 but test to see what strength you prefer.
- Make this once in the month if you are following our planner.
Why Not Try....?
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthVegan Tomato & Basil SoupThis fresh and delicious tomato and basil soup is offered as an alternative option in the Celebration Week Planner, but can be enjoyed at any time, and as it uses tinned...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthCreamy Parsnip SoupCreamy parsnip soup, such a classic Christmas flavour. Easy to make, warming and comforting How Do I Make Creamy Parsnip Soup? This recipe uses frozen parsnips. If you prefer to use...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthTomato RelishIf you are following the vegan monthly meal plan, this tangy homemade tomato relish is used as a condiment whenever you would like to use it. There is no particular use specified in the...
Take care of your family and your budget
Before putting together our meal planners we surveyed over 600 people to ask when faced with a tighter budget, which things they would struggle to give up.