cheap family recipes
feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a month
- 4 orange carcasses (after making all your carrot cakes), pulverised or chopped into little pieces
- 2 oranges washed and very thinly sliced
- 90 g sugar
- 500 ml water
- Boil all of the above in a pan for approx 25 mins until all the fruit and skin is very mushy.
- Pulverise in a food processor (ideally) or with a stick blender. Decant into sterilized jars. You can leave some whole bits in for texture if you like. Makes approximately 2 and a quarter lb of spread.
- Spread a dessertspoon onto warm toast for a hungry moment…
- Make this once in the month, portion size 20g per person per meal.
Why Not Try....?
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthVegan Tomato & Basil SoupThis fresh and delicious tomato and basil soup is offered as an alternative option in the Celebration Week Planner, but can be enjoyed at any time, and as it uses tinned...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthCreamy Parsnip SoupCreamy parsnip soup, such a classic Christmas flavour. Easy to make, warming and comforting How Do I Make Creamy Parsnip Soup? This recipe uses frozen parsnips. If you prefer to use...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthTomato RelishIf you are following the vegan monthly meal plan, this tangy homemade tomato relish is used as a condiment whenever you would like to use it. There is no particular use specified in the...
Take care of your family and your budget
Before putting together our meal planners we surveyed over 600 people to ask when faced with a tighter budget, which things they would struggle to give up.