cheap family recipes
feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a month
- 1 dessertspoon garam masala
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 160 g onion
- 150 g sweetcorn frozen
- 150 g peas
- 20 g tomato puree
- 320 g carrots
- 100 g raisins
- 350 g rice
- 1 tsp mustard
- 20 ml veg oil
- 150 g chick peas soaked and cooked as per packet instructions
- 1 tsp chilli
- Soak and cook the chick peas. Or use some previously cooked and stored in the freezer, or use a can
- Cook the rice.
- Whilst it is cooking, prepare your vegetables: chop carrots into little dice, cut onions into tiny slivers, as small as your knife will allow.
- Then mix all the other ingredients together in a salad bowl and toss well.
- You will find that the addition of the frozen veggies will cool the rice down a lot. If you want the salad to be super cold, rinse your rice in cold water after cooking it, but before adding all the other ingredients.
Why Not Try....?
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthVegan Tomato & Basil SoupThis fresh and delicious tomato and basil soup is offered as an alternative option in the Celebration Week Planner, but can be enjoyed at any time, and as it uses tinned...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthCreamy Parsnip SoupCreamy parsnip soup, such a classic Christmas flavour. Easy to make, warming and comforting How Do I Make Creamy Parsnip Soup? This recipe uses frozen parsnips. If you prefer to use...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthTomato RelishIf you are following the vegan monthly meal plan, this tangy homemade tomato relish is used as a condiment whenever you would like to use it. There is no particular use specified in the...
Take care of your family and your budget
Before putting together our meal planners we surveyed over 600 people to ask when faced with a tighter budget, which things they would struggle to give up.