cheap family recipes
feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a month
Smoked Salmon Pasta
- 400 g spaghetti
- 2 cloves garlic crushed or finely chopped
- 120 g smoked salmon trimmings, snipped into tiny pieces with your kitchen scissors
- 40 g flour self-raising
- 70 ml single cream
- 50 ml oil
- 250 ml water
- 160 g onion very finely chopped
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Cook spaghetti as per packet instructions, drain and cover.
- In a large frying pan or wok (which will take all your cooked pasta plus a sauce) warm the oil and saute the onion, until it is just softened, not browned.
- Add the flour, stirring to make a thick paste.
- Whilst constantly stirring, gradually add cream, and water until you have a thick creamy sauce.
- Add garlic and seasoning and finally the salmon.
- Cook gently for one minute, to flavour the sauce but not overcook the fish.
- Tip all of the cooked pasta into your frying pan, stirring with a wooden spoon to coat each piece of spaghetti with sauce.
- Finally tip the dressed pasta into a large serving bowl and garnish with salt (not too much is needed as the salmon is salted) and ground black pepper.
- Serve with homemade bread to mop up the sauce.
Why Not Try....?
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthPorridge Raisins are used as they are a purple portion, the hardest one to get. If you don't have them, use any other dried fruit - sultanas, home dried foraged apples or plums for instance [the_ad...
cheap family recipesfeed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthHoumous Sandwich Why Not Try....?Before putting together our meal planners we surveyed over 600 people to ask when faced with a tighter budget, which things they would struggle to...
cheap family recipesfeed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthPotato WedgesPotato wedges are used in various places in the meal plans They can also be substituted whenever potatoes are used for mash etc if you prefer wedges potato wedges oven...
Take care of your family and your budget
Before putting together our meal planners we surveyed over 600 people to ask when faced with a tighter budget, which things they would struggle to give up.