cheap family recipes
feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a month
Smoked Salmon Pasta
- 400 g spaghetti
- 2 cloves garlic crushed or finely chopped
- 120 g smoked salmon trimmings, snipped into tiny pieces with your kitchen scissors
- 40 g flour self-raising
- 70 ml single cream
- 50 ml oil
- 250 ml water
- 160 g onion very finely chopped
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Cook spaghetti as per packet instructions, drain and cover.
- In a large frying pan or wok (which will take all your cooked pasta plus a sauce) warm the oil and saute the onion, until it is just softened, not browned.
- Add the flour, stirring to make a thick paste.
- Whilst constantly stirring, gradually add cream, and water until you have a thick creamy sauce.
- Add garlic and seasoning and finally the salmon.
- Cook gently for one minute, to flavour the sauce but not overcook the fish.
- Tip all of the cooked pasta into your frying pan, stirring with a wooden spoon to coat each piece of spaghetti with sauce.
- Finally tip the dressed pasta into a large serving bowl and garnish with salt (not too much is needed as the salmon is salted) and ground black pepper.
- Serve with homemade bread to mop up the sauce.
Why Not Try....?
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthRich and fudgy TrufflesSticky, fudgy, chocolate truffles - who can resist. They make fabulous gifts at any time of year, shoosh them up by wrapping the in cellophane and tying up with a ribbon. I buy...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthPorridge - Meal Plan 2Raisins are used as they are a purple portion, the hardest one to get. If you don't have them, use any other dried fruit - sultanas, home dried foraged apples or plums for...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthHoumous Sandwich Why Not Try....?Before putting together our meal planners we surveyed over 600 people to ask when faced with a tighter budget, which things they...
Take care of your family and your budget
Before putting together our meal planners we surveyed over 600 people to ask when faced with a tighter budget, which things they would struggle to give up.