cheap family recipes
feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a month
- 500 g spaghetti
- 5 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 120 ml oil vegetable, or olive oil if you have it
- salt and masses of ground black pepper to taste
- Cook spaghetti as per packet instructions, drain and cover. In a large frying pan or wok (which will take all your cooked pasta) warm the oil, and add the garlic and seasoning.
- Cook gently for one minute, to flavour the oil but not burn the garlic.
- Tip all of the cooked pasta into your frying pan stirring with a wooden spoon to coat each piece of spaghetti.
- Finally tip the dressed pasta into a large serving bowl and garnish with salt and ground black pepper.
Why Not Try....?
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthVegan Tomato & Basil SoupThis fresh and delicious tomato and basil soup is offered as an alternative option in the Celebration Week Planner, but can be enjoyed at any time, and as it uses tinned...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthCreamy Parsnip SoupCreamy parsnip soup, such a classic Christmas flavour. Easy to make, warming and comforting How Do I Make Creamy Parsnip Soup? This recipe uses frozen parsnips. If you prefer to use...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthTomato RelishIf you are following the vegan monthly meal plan, this tangy homemade tomato relish is used as a condiment whenever you would like to use it. There is no particular use specified in the...
Take care of your family and your budget
Before putting together our meal planners we surveyed over 600 people to ask when faced with a tighter budget, which things they would struggle to give up.