cheap family recipes
feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a month
Spaghetti Aglio E Pepperoncino
- 500 g spaghetti
- 5 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 120 ml oil vegetable, or olive oil if you have it
- salt and masses of ground black pepper to taste
- Cook spaghetti as per packet instructions, drain and cover. In a large frying pan or wok (which will take all your cooked pasta) warm the oil, and add the garlic and seasoning.
- Cook gently for one minute, to flavour the oil but not burn the garlic.
- Tip all of the cooked pasta into your frying pan stirring with a wooden spoon to coat each piece of spaghetti.
- Finally tip the dressed pasta into a large serving bowl and garnish with salt and ground black pepper.
Why Not Try....?
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthTomato RelishIf you are following the vegan monthly meal plan, this tangy homemade tomato relish is used as a condiment whenever you would like to use it. There is no particular use specified in the...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthRich and fudgy TrufflesSticky, fudgy, chocolate truffles - who can resist. They make fabulous gifts at any time of year, shoosh them up by wrapping the in cellophane and tying up with a ribbon. I buy...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthPorridge - Meal Plan 2Raisins are used as they are a purple portion, the hardest one to get. If you don't have them, use any other dried fruit - sultanas, home dried foraged apples or plums for...
Take care of your family and your budget
Before putting together our meal planners we surveyed over 600 people to ask when faced with a tighter budget, which things they would struggle to give up.