cheap family recipes
feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a month
Spicy Pea Soup
A spicy pea soup made using dried marrowfat peas, apple and spice.
Leave it un-blitzed if you prefer it that way
spicy pea soup
- chopping board
- small sharp knife
- frying pan
- mixing spoon
- food processor
- 200 g dried peas marrowfat peas, soaked and cooked as per packet instructions
- 150 g Bramley apple
- 200 g onion
- 65 ml oil
- 50 g flour
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp garlic
- salt and pepper
- 16 slices home made bread from your bread making this week
- Chop apple and onion with minimal waste.
- Fry in oil, until onions are soft and a bit see-through.
- Add flour, spices and peas and stir until flour has become a sticky paste with the oil and has coated everything, then add approx 3/4 litre water or stock. Add the liquid in little bits stirring well after each addition to prevent lumps.
- Blitz in food processor or using a stick blender or liquidiser, taste and adjust seasoning.
- Serve with 4 slices of homemade bread each.
Why Not Try....?
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthRich and fudgy TrufflesSticky, fudgy, chocolate truffles - who can resist. They make fabulous gifts at any time of year, shoosh them up by wrapping the in cellophane and tying up with a ribbon. I buy...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthPorridge - Meal Plan 2Raisins are used as they are a purple portion, the hardest one to get. If you don't have them, use any other dried fruit - sultanas, home dried foraged apples or plums for...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthHoumous Sandwich Why Not Try....?Before putting together our meal planners we surveyed over 600 people to ask when faced with a tighter budget, which things they...
Take care of your family and your budget
Before putting together our meal planners we surveyed over 600 people to ask when faced with a tighter budget, which things they would struggle to give up.