cheap family recipes
feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a month
Brazil Nut and Pumpkin Seed Spread
We suggest 2 slices of toast per meal for smaller eaters and 3-4 slices per meal for active adults and growing teens
- 200 g salted peanut
- 260 g pumpkin seeds
- 200 g Brazil nuts
- 300 ml veg oil
- 76 slices homemade bread 1 slice per serving
- Pulverise the nuts and seeds in your food processor until finely chopped.
- Then drizzle in a thin stream of oil, until you've achieved a loose runny consistency like the one in the image.
- Serve 10g per piece of bread/toast and have 2-3 slices per breakfast depending on your energy needs. Make twice in the month if you are following our meal planner.
- Store in a large sterilised jam jar or two, or freeze until required. Keeps for 5 days in the refrigerator.
Why Not Try....?
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthVegan Tomato & Basil SoupThis fresh and delicious tomato and basil soup is offered as an alternative option in the Celebration Week Planner, but can be enjoyed at any time, and as it uses tinned...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthCreamy Parsnip SoupCreamy parsnip soup, such a classic Christmas flavour. Easy to make, warming and comforting How Do I Make Creamy Parsnip Soup? This recipe uses frozen parsnips. If you prefer to use...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthTomato RelishIf you are following the vegan monthly meal plan, this tangy homemade tomato relish is used as a condiment whenever you would like to use it. There is no particular use specified in the...
Take care of your family and your budget
Before putting together our meal planners we surveyed over 600 people to ask when faced with a tighter budget, which things they would struggle to give up.