cheap family recipes
feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a month
Peanut and Pumpkin Seed Butter
On meal plan 1, this peanut and pumpkin seed butter is served for 3 breakfasts and 3 lunches. Make this batch twice in the month
Serve 25g each portion, on a slice of homemade bread
2 slices for smaller eaters, 3 for active adults or growing teens. Ten slices available for each meal
- 400 g salted peanuts
- 150 g pumpkin seeds
- 70 ml veg oil
- 52 slices home made bread from your baking this week
- You really need a food processor or blender to make this
- Pile all the ingredients in
- Blitz until smooth. It might take several minutes to become nut butter. It’s fairly runny so as not to need any butter or spread with it.
- If it’s a little too stiff, just add more oil.
- Store in sterilised jars. Makes just under 2lb jar.
Why Not Try....?
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthVegan Tomato & Basil SoupThis fresh and delicious tomato and basil soup is offered as an alternative option in the Celebration Week Planner, but can be enjoyed at any time, and as it uses tinned...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthCreamy Parsnip SoupCreamy parsnip soup, such a classic Christmas flavour. Easy to make, warming and comforting How Do I Make Creamy Parsnip Soup? This recipe uses frozen parsnips. If you prefer to use...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthTomato RelishIf you are following the vegan monthly meal plan, this tangy homemade tomato relish is used as a condiment whenever you would like to use it. There is no particular use specified in the...
Take care of your family and your budget
Before putting together our meal planners we surveyed over 600 people to ask when faced with a tighter budget, which things they would struggle to give up.