cheap family recipes
feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a month
Peanut and Pumpkin Seed Butter
On meal plan 1, this peanut and pumpkin seed butter is served for 3 breakfasts and 3 lunches. Make this batch twice in the month
Serve 25g each portion, on a slice of homemade bread
2 slices for smaller eaters, 3 for active adults or growing teens. Ten slices available for each meal
- 400 g salted peanuts
- 150 g pumpkin seeds
- 70 ml veg oil
- 52 slices home made bread from your baking this week
- You really need a food processor or blender to make this
- Pile all the ingredients in
- Blitz until smooth. It might take several minutes to become nut butter. It’s fairly runny so as not to need any butter or spread with it.
- If it’s a little too stiff, just add more oil.
- Store in sterilised jars. Makes just under 2lb jar.
Why Not Try....?
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthTomato RelishIf you are following the vegan monthly meal plan, this tangy homemade tomato relish is used as a condiment whenever you would like to use it. There is no particular use specified in the...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthRich and fudgy TrufflesSticky, fudgy, chocolate truffles - who can resist. They make fabulous gifts at any time of year, shoosh them up by wrapping the in cellophane and tying up with a ribbon. I buy...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthPorridge - Meal Plan 2Raisins are used as they are a purple portion, the hardest one to get. If you don't have them, use any other dried fruit - sultanas, home dried foraged apples or plums for...
Take care of your family and your budget
Before putting together our meal planners we surveyed over 600 people to ask when faced with a tighter budget, which things they would struggle to give up.