cheap family recipes
feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a month
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsps mayonnaise
- ½ onion small onion, very thinly sliced
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 8 slices homemade bread
- Put a pan of water on to boil add 4 eggs, bring to the boil for approx 6-8 mins, run under cold water for a few mins.
- While the eggs are boiling chop onion as finely as your sharpest knife will allow. Peel the eggs.
- Put eggs in bowl along with approx 3 tbsp mayo, your finely sliced onion and salt and pepper and mash with fork until well combined.
- Take 4 slices of bread and spread with the egg mixture, cover with another slice of bread.
Why Not Try....?
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthVegan Tomato & Basil SoupThis fresh and delicious tomato and basil soup is offered as an alternative option in the Celebration Week Planner, but can be enjoyed at any time, and as it uses tinned...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthCreamy Parsnip SoupCreamy parsnip soup, such a classic Christmas flavour. Easy to make, warming and comforting How Do I Make Creamy Parsnip Soup? This recipe uses frozen parsnips. If you prefer to use...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthTomato RelishIf you are following the vegan monthly meal plan, this tangy homemade tomato relish is used as a condiment whenever you would like to use it. There is no particular use specified in the...
Take care of your family and your budget
Before putting together our meal planners we surveyed over 600 people to ask when faced with a tighter budget, which things they would struggle to give up.