cheap family recipes
feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a month
- 100 g peas
- 250 g pasta
- 50 ml vegetable oil
- 1 dessertspoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- fresh herbs if you grow them or have them already
- Cook and drain the pasta.
- Make a dressing with the garlic, oil and vinegar.
- Combine the dressing with the pasta and add the frozen peas. The warmth of the pasta will be enough to cook the peas, and they will cool the pasta to room temperature.
- Serve with 2 slices per person of homemade bread to mop up the juices.
Why Not Try....?
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthTomato RelishIf you are following the vegan monthly meal plan, this tangy homemade tomato relish is used as a condiment whenever you would like to use it. There is no particular use specified in the...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthRich and fudgy TrufflesSticky, fudgy, chocolate truffles - who can resist. They make fabulous gifts at any time of year, shoosh them up by wrapping the in cellophane and tying up with a ribbon. I buy...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthPorridge - Meal Plan 2Raisins are used as they are a purple portion, the hardest one to get. If you don't have them, use any other dried fruit - sultanas, home dried foraged apples or plums for...
Take care of your family and your budget
Before putting together our meal planners we surveyed over 600 people to ask when faced with a tighter budget, which things they would struggle to give up.