cheap family recipes
feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a month
- 100 g peas
- 250 g pasta
- 50 ml vegetable oil
- 1 dessertspoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- fresh herbs if you grow them or have them already
- Cook and drain the pasta.
- Make a dressing with the garlic, oil and vinegar.
- Combine the dressing with the pasta and add the frozen peas. The warmth of the pasta will be enough to cook the peas, and they will cool the pasta to room temperature.
- Serve with 2 slices per person of homemade bread to mop up the juices.
Why Not Try....?
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthVegan Tomato & Basil SoupThis fresh and delicious tomato and basil soup is offered as an alternative option in the Celebration Week Planner, but can be enjoyed at any time, and as it uses tinned...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthCreamy Parsnip SoupCreamy parsnip soup, such a classic Christmas flavour. Easy to make, warming and comforting How Do I Make Creamy Parsnip Soup? This recipe uses frozen parsnips. If you prefer to use...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthTomato RelishIf you are following the vegan monthly meal plan, this tangy homemade tomato relish is used as a condiment whenever you would like to use it. There is no particular use specified in the...
Take care of your family and your budget
Before putting together our meal planners we surveyed over 600 people to ask when faced with a tighter budget, which things they would struggle to give up.