cheap family recipes
feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a month
Loads of umami flavour from each little bite
- 5 g garlic
- 40 g tomato puree
- 40 ml vegetable oil
- 70 g self raising flour
- 120 g chick peas soaked, cooked and lightly crushed with a fork
- 150 g lard melted in the microwave
- 130 g oat instant oats
- salt & pepper to taste
- Mix all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Place dessertspoon blobs onto a baking tray and cook at gas 6 for 10ish mins or until the top looks a little crispy and browned at the edge.
- Makes 36.
- Eat 3 at a time as a snack, make 3 batches in the month.
Why Not Try....?
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthTomato RelishIf you are following the vegan monthly meal plan, this tangy homemade tomato relish is used as a condiment whenever you would like to use it. There is no particular use specified in the...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthRich and fudgy TrufflesSticky, fudgy, chocolate truffles - who can resist. They make fabulous gifts at any time of year, shoosh them up by wrapping the in cellophane and tying up with a ribbon. I buy...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthPorridge - Meal Plan 2Raisins are used as they are a purple portion, the hardest one to get. If you don't have them, use any other dried fruit - sultanas, home dried foraged apples or plums for...
Take care of your family and your budget
Before putting together our meal planners we surveyed over 600 people to ask when faced with a tighter budget, which things they would struggle to give up.