cheap family recipes
feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a month
Loads of umami flavour from each little bite
- 5 g garlic
- 40 g tomato puree
- 40 ml vegetable oil
- 70 g self raising flour
- 120 g chick peas soaked, cooked and lightly crushed with a fork
- 150 g lard melted in the microwave
- 130 g oat instant oats
- salt & pepper to taste
- Mix all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Place dessertspoon blobs onto a baking tray and cook at gas 6 for 10ish mins or until the top looks a little crispy and browned at the edge.
- Makes 36.
- Eat 3 at a time as a snack, make 3 batches in the month.
Why Not Try....?
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthVegan Tomato & Basil SoupThis fresh and delicious tomato and basil soup is offered as an alternative option in the Celebration Week Planner, but can be enjoyed at any time, and as it uses tinned...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthCreamy Parsnip SoupCreamy parsnip soup, such a classic Christmas flavour. Easy to make, warming and comforting How Do I Make Creamy Parsnip Soup? This recipe uses frozen parsnips. If you prefer to use...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthTomato RelishIf you are following the vegan monthly meal plan, this tangy homemade tomato relish is used as a condiment whenever you would like to use it. There is no particular use specified in the...
Take care of your family and your budget
Before putting together our meal planners we surveyed over 600 people to ask when faced with a tighter budget, which things they would struggle to give up.