cheap family recipes
feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a month
Waffles and Cinnamon Syrup
- 255 g sugar
- 160 ml water
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- 90 g flour self raising
- 35 g sugar
- pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 33 ml evaporated milk
- 66 ml water mix with the evaporated milk
- Bring water to boil.
- Add the sugar and the mixed spice, then stir constantly for 5 minutes. By this time the sugar will be fully dissolved.
- Click to start a 5 minute timer
- Remove the syrup from heat, cool completely and bottle in a sterilised bottle or jar. This will make 300ml - use 100ml per breakfast.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Beat the egg with the milk in another bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into dry and mix well.
- Grease your waffle iron/griddle pan or frying pan, and put on a medium-high heat.
- Use a tablespoon of mixture per waffle/pancake, or 1/4 cup if making them in crumpet rings.
- If making them in the crumpet rings, you will need to push them out once there are bubbles on top and cook for 30-45 second on the other side. makes 2/3 waffles each, serves 4.
Why Not Try....?
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthPorridge Raisins are used as they are a purple portion, the hardest one to get. If you don't have them, use any other dried fruit - sultanas, home dried foraged apples or plums for instance [the_ad...
cheap family recipesfeed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthHoumous Sandwich Why Not Try....?Before putting together our meal planners we surveyed over 600 people to ask when faced with a tighter budget, which things they would struggle to...
cheap family recipesfeed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthPotato WedgesPotato wedges are used in various places in the meal plans They can also be substituted whenever potatoes are used for mash etc if you prefer wedges potato wedges oven...
Take care of your family and your budget
Before putting together our meal planners we surveyed over 600 people to ask when faced with a tighter budget, which things they would struggle to give up.