cheap family recipes
feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a month
Waffles and Cinnamon Syrup
- 255 g sugar
- 160 ml water
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- 90 g flour self raising
- 35 g sugar
- pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 33 ml evaporated milk
- 66 ml water mix with the evaporated milk
- Bring water to boil.
- Add the sugar and the mixed spice, then stir constantly for 5 minutes. By this time the sugar will be fully dissolved.
- Click to start a 5 minute timer
- Remove the syrup from heat, cool completely and bottle in a sterilised bottle or jar. This will make 300ml - use 100ml per breakfast.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Beat the egg with the milk in another bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into dry and mix well.
- Grease your waffle iron/griddle pan or frying pan, and put on a medium-high heat.
- Use a tablespoon of mixture per waffle/pancake, or 1/4 cup if making them in crumpet rings.
- If making them in the crumpet rings, you will need to push them out once there are bubbles on top and cook for 30-45 second on the other side. makes 2/3 waffles each, serves 4.
Why Not Try....?
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthRich and fudgy TrufflesSticky, fudgy, chocolate truffles - who can resist. They make fabulous gifts at any time of year, shoosh them up by wrapping the in cellophane and tying up with a ribbon. I buy...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthPorridge - Meal Plan 2Raisins are used as they are a purple portion, the hardest one to get. If you don't have them, use any other dried fruit - sultanas, home dried foraged apples or plums for...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthHoumous Sandwich Why Not Try....?Before putting together our meal planners we surveyed over 600 people to ask when faced with a tighter budget, which things they...
Take care of your family and your budget
Before putting together our meal planners we surveyed over 600 people to ask when faced with a tighter budget, which things they would struggle to give up.