cheap family recipes
feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a month
I love this cheesecake. You could also use an orange or a lime or two, instead of the lemon to make this.
- 500 g natural yoghurt ASDA smartprice
- 300 g soft cheese ASDA smartprice
- 1 lemon
- 240 g sugar
- 5 eggs
- 300 g ginger nuts ASDA smartprice
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Put the biscuits and oil in a food processor and mix together. Once the mixture comes together in a clump, take out of the processor and press it into the bottom of a cake tin. Chill this whilst you prepare the cheesecake.
- Chop up lemon into large chunks, removing seeds as necessary.
- Combine lemon chunks, yoghurt, soft cheese, sugar and eggs into a blender or food processor and blend until completely pulverised.
- Pour the filling mixture into the cheesecake base and cook for 1 hour, checking after 50 minutes.
- Click here to start a 50 minute timer
- The top should be golden-coloured and completely set. Let the cheesecake cool at room temperature. Once the tin no longer feels warm, put into the fridge for several hours before serving, but ideally overnight.
Why Not Try....?
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthRich and fudgy TrufflesSticky, fudgy, chocolate truffles - who can resist. They make fabulous gifts at any time of year, shoosh them up by wrapping the in cellophane and tying up with a ribbon. I buy...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthPorridge - Meal Plan 2Raisins are used as they are a purple portion, the hardest one to get. If you don't have them, use any other dried fruit - sultanas, home dried foraged apples or plums for...
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthHoumous Sandwich Why Not Try....?Before putting together our meal planners we surveyed over 600 people to ask when faced with a tighter budget, which things they...
Take care of your family and your budget
Before putting together our meal planners we surveyed over 600 people to ask when faced with a tighter budget, which things they would struggle to give up.