cheap family recipes
feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a month
On meal plan 1, there are 9 lunches through the month that use 1 of these houmous sandwiches.
The houmous itself can be frozen, or you could make up some or all of the sandwiches, and freeze them ready to grab and go
- 140 g chickpeas dry weight chickpeas cooked as per packet instructions, or one tin, drained
- 110 ml oil
- 15 ml vinegar
- ½ lemon juice only, retain the carcass
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- 72 slices home made bread to make sandwiches
- keep the lemon carcass to use when making lemon cordial
- Place all the ingredients except oil in a food processor, then gradually add the oil whilst pulsing the food processor until you have achieved a loose runny consistency a bit like natural yoghurt or double cream.
- Season with salt and pepper, taste and adjust if necessary
- Make a sandwich each using your homemade bread
- If you are following meal plan 1, make once in the month- serve 10g per person per meal, can be frozen. Served 9 times during the month
- If you are following meal plan 2, make once in the month - serve 20g per person per meal, can be frozen. Served 4 times during the month
Why Not Try....?
cheap family recipes feed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthPorridge Raisins are used as they are a purple portion, the hardest one to get. If you don't have them, use any other dried fruit - sultanas, home dried foraged apples or plums for instance [the_ad...
cheap family recipesfeed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthHoumous Sandwich Why Not Try....?Before putting together our meal planners we surveyed over 600 people to ask when faced with a tighter budget, which things they would struggle to...
cheap family recipesfeed a family of 4 for (just over) £100 a monthPotato WedgesPotato wedges are used in various places in the meal plans They can also be substituted whenever potatoes are used for mash etc if you prefer wedges potato wedges oven...
Take care of your family and your budget
Before putting together our meal planners we surveyed over 600 people to ask when faced with a tighter budget, which things they would struggle to give up.